Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fun times

I make a lot of mistakes when I knit.
A lot. of mistakes. I very rarely go back to fix them. I mean, if I drop a stitch, or realize that I've messed up in the same row, I'll fix that. But... I tend to notice after a couple of inches that I totally messed up a pattern. Shoo, I don't go back to fix it. I just deal with it...

For instance. My Cap Shawl. Totally. Screwy. It's not even for me. It's a gift, for goodness sake. But... nope. Not going to go back and fix it. The funny thing is, that I looove knitting lace things. But i ALWAYS mess them up. always. When I finish it, and block it, and photograph it. You'll see. you'll see.

In other tragic news: alpaca makes me itch. Like no tomorrow. The two Andrea's that I'm making make me crazy. It feels great on my hands, mind you. Doesn't bother me to knit with it; but i could never wear it. NEVER. I tried. I just wanted to make sure it was acceptable [I'm extremely self conscious about knitting gifts for people]. And it made me crazy... I'm thinking, though, about making one for myself with KnitPicks Merino Style. I love Merino... doesn't make me itch at all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment