Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am straight up procrastinating

This post is largely not about knitting. But. As a blogger with no readers, I GET TO SAY WHAT I WANT.
HA!

I am procrastinating. As you [who don't exist] know, I'm in law school. Spring brings flowers and birdies and light and finals and appellate briefs. My appellate brief is due Friday. It is largely finished. I couldn't turn it in the way it is now, but it won't require must more of my time. Which is cool. Because I'm tired of giving it my time.

Mostly though, I'm tired of it staring at me, hiding in my bag, whispering "you're not working on me, but you should be. Why aren't you? Don't you have great big plans? don't you whimper and moan about how you just want to be alive and do the things you're supposed to do and be all grown up about it?" Stupid thing. Stupid me.

I find, that everything that I am frustrates me to no end. I know what traits I would trade out. I would rather be friendless, if I could be disciplined. So unfortunate. I don't know what to do about it; I envy people who are naturally obsessive. Who cares if you're momentarily miserable? You do well don't you? I wish I could do that. I'm trying to cultivate more discipline and work ethic, and it is going relatively well, I suppose. But its till frustrates me to no end.

Because, I know exactly what it is that I want, and this doesn't seem the best way to get it.

Knitting! (see. knitting.)

-TK et. al.

No comments:

Post a Comment