Sunday, April 17, 2011

oh man

So here's the deal. I am totally freaking myself out. My first exam is on Tuesday. It is Torts. I can totally get an A in Torts. Except i will not study. I will not study. I don't know why.

I am exhausted. Also, I do not know why. I'm trying to motivate myself. So. Here's a list, reasons why sarah and tk need to study:
1. if i don't, i could get less than a 3.0 and then I could lose my scholarship. and then I'd have to borrow something like three times as much as I have already.
2. if I don't, i could fail out all together, and then I'll have to go home with my tail between my legs and... do something horrid like get a job and forget about the life I wanted.
3. i want to be a lawyer. I really really really do. I do... I do, don't I? enough to study, even? enough to get over this momentary set back of heartbreak and just get on with it? It's been... a month and a half? why am I still in mourning... why can't i just STUDY?! it's not that HARD. it's not like i have anything better to do.
4. if I don't study, then I can't even say that I tried. My dad is going to be so disappointed in me. Everyone is going to be disappointed in me.
5. If i fail out, i WILL go crazy. I probably won't even go home. you know what. I have enough money in savings, i could run away to europe. the only job i could do, probably, is become a prostitute, but hey! it's a living. it'd be a story. shortly before I die, i'll write a novel about what happened. and boom. that will have been my life.

all because I didn't study. The biggest reason, really, is that I want to be a lawyer. I'm trying not to lose sight of all the fun stuff i'll get to do: appellate advocacy, talking to clients, wearing suits everyday, arguing with judges, WINNING. ah yes... winning...

I feel better already.
Also, these are my best friends. I got them into knitting. They bring me such joy. I have no right to be depressed. Ha!!

- TK et. al.

No comments:

Post a Comment