Thursday, April 21, 2011

this day, there was property

First, not knitting. Then, knitting.
I have no idea whats up with the blue up there... weird. Anyways. School photos:
Studying for property. I like tiny up close photos of words; i think it makes me seem more intelligent

Tiny worm. I was studying ["studying" *wink*][there was no studying] outside. And he was on my hand! I took pictures of him for a bout fifteen minutes when I realized this wasn't going to work.

And then, this morning. I took an exam. this was my set up. Water. Snack. Coffee. Pens. Pencils. Highlighter. Boom.


And the piece de la resistance. cap shawl. With its bitchy knitted on border. Actually, once I figured it out, the border is easy. Its the only part of the thing that i could actually memorize. just IMAGINE what this thing is going to look like when its blocked. Oh i love it to death. It has a sad story [the yarn and the thing itself]
I had bought the yarn originally to make something for my grandma. I never did; just kept putting it off, thinking i had all the time in the world. But she passed away in January. I've been knitting for half my life [literally; since I was nine] and I never knit her anything. Tragic.
And then, i found this pattern and decided that my [ex]boyfriend's mom would like it. I thought, hey, we're probably going to get engaged any second now, at which time, this would be a great gift to give her.
So you see. this shawl is tragedy. I'm ok with that though. It gives it depth. It means something, even though I'll probably keep it myself and... i don't know. Just hold on to it. Love it; know that I made it. It's going to look so beautiful blocked and non-bunchy. Even with all my errors.

ALSO. the yarn for owls. It came today. It is so. beautiful. It's Venezia; Cascade, I think. Merino/Silk blend. the lavender colorway I think, so it's this amazing, purple grey color, and it's so soft and, best of all: it doesn't itch. at all. So i can wear it on my skin. heavens. My joy is complete.

LONG POST> DONE.

-TK et. al.

No comments:

Post a Comment